Friday, December 28, 2007

Sick again

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

What is with year end and sick babies?!!! Go around on the mommies blogs and you will see a few kids are illl lately. And I'm one of them.

I've been having an eye infection in my left eye since we got back from our Pangkor Island trip more than a week back but it was pretty mild. And mummy didn't think she should bring me to see the doctor. Then when I got back from Aunty Ng's on Wednesday night, my eyes were kind of swollen and the next morning (which was yesterday) I had a mild fever of 38 degrees.

Mummy took me to see Dr. Foo (the one I like) and he confirmed my eye infection and said the fever was not part of it and that I'd probably got a viral infection again. So he asked to manage my fever with fever medication and he gave some eye-drops and ointment for my eyes.

I don't allow anyone, not even Aunty Ng to administer the eye medicine on me so I've been tricked to having them put on my eye.

My fever didn't exactly go away and it went to as high as 40 degress in the middle of the night last night. Mummy wasn't sure whether it could be higher since the forehead thermometer we got has a maximum of 40 degrees. I was woken up and forced to take the fever medication.

When I got up this morning, the fever was in between 38 and 39 degrees. Mummy asked Aunty Ng to give me the fever medication throughout the day to stabilize it. She hopes my fever will go away by tomorrow morning, if not, I will have to be brought back to see Dr. Foo again if it is still high.

As for my left eye, it's not getting any better and I predict there will be more screams and cries from me tonight.

I pray that I will get well to at least celebrate my birthday on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Rye Li. I hope you get better soon! You need to look pretty during your bday. :)