Thursday, September 28, 2006

Grumpy Mummy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Mummy's been really grumpy lately. She's always nagging or complaining...it's NO this and NO that all the time. Doesn't she realize that active babies like me are always on the move and are very inquisitive in everything around us?!!!

For example, when she is getting me ready for my bed time and changing my diapers on my changing table, she expects me to just stay still and look at her. Oh DUH!!! Of course I won't and will start touching everything I can around me and then she goes "Ey...no touching! I said no....NO!!!!". I will just ignore her and continue grabbing for that tissue/bowl/cotton. She will continue to warn me with all sorts of tones and then she tries to distract me with my baby rattle but it gets boring playing with that rattle after a while.

And then when I'm put on the floor to play with my toys, she also expects me to stay within the parameters of the mattress. Of course I will not and it is only natural for me to explore especially when there are so many other interesting things around me. So when I do explore, there goes another round of "Ey, who ask you to go there?!" or "No girl...don't go there...Ey, I said no...NO!"

Also, I really don't understand Mummy's fetish for washing my hands and feet all the time and she doesn't allow me to touch anything when she carries me. Papa is the fun one, he lets me do what I want and this means touching this or that. Like when he takes me for a walk, he lets me touch the water at the water fountain or the swimming pool or the flowers or trees. He also lets me play at the playground and lets me crawl at the water fountain area too! Of course, when he mentioned this to Mummy some time back, she was appalled! And eversince then, it has been a routine whenever I come home from my walks with Papa, Mummy will make sure my hands and feet and legs are washed. This is when she is at home that is. See, told you my Papa is the fun one!

Papa also lets me feed his fishes...he will pour some out onto the lid cover of the fish food container and allows me to hold it and pour them into his tanks. He has been letting me do this for some time now and only lately Mummy came to know about this and yup, you guessed it... she also makes me wash my hands after I've fed the fishes!

This morning, Mummy was her usual grumpy self, rushing to get out of the house coz she was late for work. So in her hurry to get me ready to go to Aunty Ng's, she was nagging me on the dressing table asking me to stay still. It was a real breather that Papa is around coz he let me feed the fishes while Mummy was rushing after that. And when it was time to leave the house, she put her hands out to take me from Papa but I turned away from her coz I was having so much fun with Papa. She tried it again and I turned away again. This went on for another few tries and then I was forced to part from Papa and I was not very happy about this and fussed! I was sulking all the way in the car to Aunty Ng's.

Mummy, you really need to learn how to relax and chill out more often. In fact, be a cool babe like me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ya. Mummy really need to chill and have more fun with you then the usual stuffs...But she love you and all are for your well being... Love you both. Papa.