Wednesday, March 01, 2006

2nd month

After my first month, I was fully taken care by mummy as she doesn’t need to go back to work yet. Few days before Ah Por and Ah Kong left, mummy started taking over in bathing me. This bathing business, I still don’t understand it…it’s nice to feel warm all over again, kinda reminds me of my old home except that I feel too ‘lose’ here and not snuggly at all. In fact, it’s so lose that it terrifies me! Moreover, it’s only part of me that feels it, the other feels cold. At times, I had to voice out my discomfort…most of the time, I’m too shocked to voice out anything, I only feel like grabbing on to whatever I can get my hands on and if I cannot after many attempts, I will scream! One time, mummy responded “Don’t worry girl, I will not drown you…I went through so much just to have you so why would I want to drown you now?!”

My time with mummy alone was ok during the day time coz I slept most of the time. But at nights, I had such pain in my tummy that I cannot help but voice it out. Papa was not around most of the time as he had to work so poor mummy was all alone in comforting me which helped a little but it was still painful. I think I made mummy mad coz there were a few times she just left me at my cot to cry on my own. Boy, was it bad and I just had to cry more. But she will in the end still come and comfort me till I fall asleep from all that crying.

Mummy likes to sing to me…she will sing all sorts of nursery rhymes. In fact, she even bought some books for me with nursery rhymes. She will show me these books once in a while and she also flashes some cards at me. I cant really tell what they are but the colours are really fascinating. Mummy will flash them and say stuff and makes some funny sounds at times. I will stare at mummy when she does these things but at times, I find myself looking at other stuff coz it gets a bit boring looking at mummy.

Papa is really funny…he’s big! Bigger than what I expected. According to mummy, he has been a real big help too since I came out to this world. She’s so glad that papa was always there for us. Once mummy started expressing her milk to the bottle, papa has taken over some of the feedings. Papa doesn’t talk as much as mummy but he still talks to me, only in Chinese. He still calls me “Baby” just like before except that it’s much clearer now. He carries me a lot and mummy will tell him off for that. But I like it when papa carries me!

I went back to see the doctor again when I was about 6 weeks old to get a jab, well I didn’t know I was about to get one then. I was stripped and checked thoroughly by the doc before the jab which I was initially ok with. Then he asked mummy to hold down my right leg… it took me several seconds to realize what he was doing and then I felt a sharp pain. I screamed in pain and felt my eyes all wet. Immediately, the doc picked me up and passed me to mummy to be soothed but it took me a while to forget that sharp pain. What a mean doc this one. I heard that I will need to see him again in 2 months time. He better not jab that thingy in my leg again!

Mummy started sending me to Aunty Ng’s a few weeks before she went back to work. I quite like it there. There are a lot of other children there and the room I am put in has other babies as well. I’m the youngest in there. At first it was all alien to me but I find it quite fascinating. Mummy will send me there early in the mornings and she will pick me up later in the evenings. Mummy said that this will be the routine once she starts work again. I guess I’ll be missing mummy’s office as it has been a while since I’ve heard the dramas and commotion of it. Oh well, there’s so much more to see too at Aunty Ng’s.

No comments: