Saturday, November 21, 2009

Why’s & other observations

Rye Li: Mummy, your husband is papa. Why you marry papa and not somebody else ah?

Mummy: If I marry somebody else, you and mei-mei not here already!

Rye Li: Oh, alright. Alright!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rye Li: Mummy, why you wear glasses ah?

Mummy: Because if I don’t wear them, I cannot see.

Rye Li: Oh, alright. Alright!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw mummy putting on her make up the other day before leaving the house for work.

Rye Li: When I big that time, can I put that thing on my eye?

Mummy: Can!

Rye Li: Can I put lipstick also?

Mummy: Can!

Rye Li: Can I drink ice water also?

Mummy: Can!

Rye Li: Can I drink…er…what is that drink ah mummy?

Mummy: Baileys!

[I happened to chance across one night when mummy was drinking this with ice and after smelling it – a habit of mine smelling things – I really love the smell but was not allowed to drink it as it is an adult’s drink]

Rye Li: Yes, can I drink Baileys also? I like that drink.

Mummy: Can!

Rye Li: Yeah!

3 comments:

KittyCat said...

Hahaha a Bailey's fan in the making already? Each time we pass the liquor section in the super, the boy will go, "This is not for small boys. This is for men!" Guess Hubby psycho-ed him into it ;-)

A Mom's Diary said...

"When I big that time" is also an expression that YY uses often. Funny how kids speak in the same way :-)

ZMM said...

can't wait to grow up huh?