Friday, March 06, 2009

I’m all grown up!

Miss me?! :D

I may still be small in size but you would be amazed at how I can communicate with you, if you get my attention that is. If not, you will only see the little ms. grumps that mummy has coined for me.

From the Disney playhouse channel I have watched for the past year on TV, I have now moved on to Disney Channel. Hence, my once beloved “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse”, “Pocoyo”, “Clifford, The Big Red Dog”, “ My Friends, Tigger & Pooh”, “Little Einstens” have now been replaced with “Mr. Bean” (both animated and life series), “Hannah Montana” (Mummy still wonders why I love this show at my age?!) and the regular Disney shows they show on that channel.

I love all the princesses cartoons, in fact, I’m going for the Disney on Ice, Princess Wishes in 2 weeks time and I so cannot wait! I’ve been asking mummy this all the time and mummy has been counting down for me.

My conversations has been interesting and at times, it comes with an accent (mummy blames all the TV shows!), but mostly with Malaysian slangs (can I blame her for this slang?!).

When I can’t have my way, I will give out a big and whiney “Awwwwwwwww!!” and sound like as if it’s so unfair that I can’t have what I want.

I’ve also learn to say “Are you kidding?!” …so when I’m asked some questions which I don’t know how to answer and all eyes are on me for an answer, I will go “Are you kidding?!” which usually will get some laughter from my audience.

When I need attention and I don’t get any, I will go “Will somebody come and play with me?” or make a statement that “Nobody wants to play with me

I can also advise my mei-mei …..”Mei-mei, you don’t bully Papa ok, you be a good girl ya” or “Mei-mei, mummy change me first and then mummy carry you ok?” or when mei-mei cries when it’s time to take her medicince “mei-mei, don’t cry, it’s good for you, for your cough, for a while only!

I can also ‘nag’ like how mummy nags me. The other day, my aunty was at my place and didn’t have dinner with us and I went “Why you don’t want to eat? After (wards) you don’t say you (‘re) hungry ah!

And I like being positive too, I can help you out like how my good friend, Mickey Mouse says it “No problem! Leave it to me!

As much as I do show my maturity side a lot, I also do get into my babyish mode and want to be treated like a baby at times. And times like this, I will speak in a mono-syllabus mode like a baby.

For example, “hungry-eat bread” or “tired….sleep” or “thirsty-drink water” instead of saying them in a full sentences like I normally do. Only lately, I’m showing this and mummy always ask me why am I talking like this and I will laugh. Sometimes I will answer “Because I am a baby, I still suck my thumb” (which I do anyway but I refuse to drink mummy’s nen-nen and whenever mummy offers me her nen-nen, I will go “I’m NOT a baby but I still suck my thumb”).

Nevertheless, I’m getting too smart for my age and know how to ask questions that mummy doesn’t know how to answer. I know this as she will go “Don’t be so rude Rye Li” or “that is not a nice thing to say because….”. Ultimately, I will show my tongue to her to show that I must have my last say, which of course, I will be reprimanded for. No fun trying to argue with an adult! I still got a lot to learn I’m sure.

No comments: