Sunday, May 21, 2006

Another jab

Why must I have jabs so often? It seems like it was just yesterday I took my last one. I just don’t understand the obsession with jabs. It’s not funny when you get that sharp thing into any part of your body.

I saw Dr Lee again and as much as I don’t like the pain, I found myself very well behaved. As usual, there were a lot of people there and we had to wait our turn. First thing we did was the usual stuff of measuring my height and weight. I’m now 6kgs and 57.2cm in length. Later, when we were inside, Mummy asked doc why my height has not improved much since 6 weeks ago (I was 57cm & 5.4kgs then) and he said the previous measurements may not be accurate. That kept her quiet for a while.

While waiting for my turn, I fell asleep, I just got bored looking at all the people and kids around me. But shortly after I slept, I was woken up coz I was put down on this cold mat. It took me a while to realize where I was so I was looking around sleepily and the doc was pressing me here and there. I didn’t recognize where I was and started to cry and then I heard Mummy’s voice. Then I found myself smiling after that. This time again the doc didn’t smile back, he’s more interested in what Mummy has to say.

Doc passed me to Mummy and soon after that I felt a sharp pain at the left side above my bum. I didn’t know how to react and yelped out a “wah” and that was that coz Mummy immediately talked to me and that kept me quiet. Mummy found this shocking and she told me how proud she was of me.

I still got another jab in 6 weeks time and another one 6 weeks after that. No fun!

No comments: